The Reales Alcázares of Seville and the ruins of Itálica de Saltinponce were two of the film sets chosen by the producers of Games of Thrones.
The Roman city of Italica in Santiponce
The Roman ruins of Itálica (remains found in Santiponce, about 15 minutes from Seville) were also selected by the Game of Thrones film crews. The ruins of Santiponce are highly appreciated by the Iron Throne producers, as the large dimensions of the Roman amphitheater provide a comfortable environment for setting up the sets, equipment and allowing scenes to be filmed as desired. The “Wolf Unit”, also responsible shooting in Seville, he filmed the Roman amphitheater to turn it into the ruins of Fossedragon, a great place where the Targaryans locked up their dragons and a decisive place for the next events of the series and the cult of the series.
Season 7 and the impressive Castle of Almodóvar del Río
It is the first time that this beautiful and well-preserved castle appears in the series and is transformed into a Haut-Jardin castle. The fertile lands of the Guadalquivir Valley and the Almodóvar Castle were the ideal place to symbolize the Kingdom of the Game of Throne.
And also Osasuna in Game of Thrones
The Sevillian municipality of Osuna was also one of the many places chosen by the filmmakers of the highly acclaimed series. Among the bloodiest scenes in the sequence were shot at the Osuna arena , as it was used because the Daznak pit in Meereen was used, and during the filming of the sequence, Osuna experienced a gigantic revival of its local tourism. There is even a bar that took advantage of the sequences filmed in the city of Osasuna to invent tapas with the identity of the characters of our favorite series.
The 10 Best phrases of Game of Throne:
- “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep” – “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep”. Tywin Lannister.
- “Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you” – “Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget who you are, the rest of the world won’t. Wear it like armor and they will never use it to hurt you.” Tyron Lannister.
- “When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.” – “When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas dry up and the mountains sway like leaves in the wind. When your womb churns again and you give birth to a living child. Then it will come back, not before.” Karl Drago.
- “You know nothing, Jon Snow” – “You know nothing, Jon Snow”. Ygritte.
- “I’m not going to stop the wheel; I’m going to break the wheel” – “I’m not going to stop the wheel, I’m going to break it”. Danaerys Targaryens.
- “What do we say to the God of death?” Syrio Forel – “Not today” Arya Stark -“What do we say to the god of death?” Syrio Forel – “Not today”. Arya Stark.
- “Nothing is neither better nor worse than anything. Nothing is simply nothing.” – “Nothing is neither better nor worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing.” arya stark
- “I drink and I know things” – “I drink and I know things”. Tyron Lannister.
- “Hold the Door!” – “Hold the door!” Brand Stark.
- “The king in the north” – “The king in the North”. Lyanna Mormont
Your own visit to the filming locations.
If you like the Game of Thrones series and need a private visit to get to know the places of the series even better, we have different themed visits of the Series at your disposal. For more information, contact us as they are 100% personalized visits.
Sevilla y sus alrededores fueron l´une de los numerosos enclaves elegidos por el productor de la serie HBO para rodar las secuencias de la famosa serie Juego de Tronos. España y especialmente Andalucía en general había cautivado a los directores y a la cabeza de los exteriores que reconocieron que Osuna, Córdoba, Granada y Sevilla.
REAL CONTACT ALCAZAR
- Address: Patio de Banderas, s/n, 41004 Seville
- Phone: 954 50 23 24
- Hours: Closes at 5:00 p.m.
- Website: https://www.alcazarsevilla.org/