Monumental Visit of Alcázar of Seville, Cathedral and Giralda
Monumental Visit of Alcázar of Seville, Cathedral and Giralda
👉 Book this combined tour to visit the three most famous monuments of Seville on the same day.
Visit of the Cathedral
We will start the visit in the largest Gothic cathedral in the world. A tour of about an hour and a half, and we will discover why it was one of the tallest buildings in the world for centuries. As part of our walk through the Cathedral of Seville, our guide will delve into the evolution that it suffered throughout its history; that from Islamic times to the present.
This dazzling UNESCO World Heritage Site is definitely worth a visit. On the edge of the visit, your guide, with the skills of a historian, will explain everything you need to know. The historical and architectural information will cover various time periods, from before Christ to now, exploring every corner of this intricate construction and discovering what makes it so special.
Visit the Giralda Tower
Before visiting the Royal Palace , we will have an inspiring moment at the so-called "Giralda Tower", visiting the top of the tower. To get here, we will ascend a spiral staircase and climb the famous ramps of the tower that dominates all of Seville . From a height of about 90 meters, we will enjoy the magnificent views of the city in a unique way.
Visit The Royal Alcazar
The Alcázar of Seville is a palace of special aesthetic, historical and monumental interest. Its greatest glories date back to its beginnings as an Islamic and later Christian palace, although later the building underwent numerous structural modifications by different monarchs who sought to expand the functionality of the building.
Its current appearance dates back to when Carlos III ordered its restoration in 1764 after a devastating fire.
During your visit, you can discover the history of its glories. One of the favorites of travelers is the Palacio del Yeso .
It was the architect Tubino who discovered the Patio del Yeso at the end of the 19th century. It consists of a rectangular courtyard with a central pond around which the rooms are arranged and is surrounded by columns. In the Almohad period (11th-13th centuries), there were two porticoes that also opened onto this courtyard, but today only one remains, a jewel of Almohad architecture ; It consists of a larger central arch, in axis with the door of the room behind and surrounded by three smaller arches on columns on each side, it has been decorated with "tsebka", giving it an artistic touch.
Your visit to the oldest Royal Palace in Europe will have priority entry and ticket included. Throughout the tour, you will also be able to see the old Palace of King Don Pedro, the House of the Magician, as well as appreciate the walls, baseboards, ceilings and a long list of elements, both structural and decorative, whose origin is attributed to immemorial times. .
What you will see in the monumental visit
Availability and Prices
Check the prices of the visit and the availability of hours and days according to the time of year in our reservation calendar.
More details of your activity
MONUMENTAL COMBINED VISIT OF SEVILLEYou will make the visit with a guide specialized in the monuments of Seville. The visit includes the Real Alcázar, the Cathedral and the Giralda. All in the same stretch of hours. Includes tickets to monuments. It is a highly recommended visit.
3H40 FULL MONUMENTAL TOUR
- First, you will visit the Cathedral of Santa María de la Sede, which was formerly a mosque but is now a cathedral; see the tomb of Christopher Columbus inside.
- You'll also visit the Giralda Tower on your own, where you can enjoy the beautiful views of Seville up close. After visiting Seville Cathedral and the Giralda Tower, you will head to the Real Alcázar.
- The city of Seville has been known as a dream destination for movie lovers after starring in popular movies like Game of Thrones. If time permits, you can stroll through the Alcazar gardens after your visit.
- Itinerary of 3 hours 40 approx.
The Gardens of the Real Alcázar
The grounds of the Alcázar are extensive and fascinating and the gardens of the Alcázar contrast with its austere stone exterior. The extensive lawns and manicured flowerbeds make it hard to believe that they were once orchards that supplied fruit and vegetables to the royal court, and help to create a striking, one-of-a-kind natural backdrop.
The profusion of plants of different species is staggering, with over a thousand now recognized by scientists; examples of this are the wisteria and the Styraciflua Liquidambar, the agaves or century plants and the centenary acacias . Some date from fifty years ago, others from one hundred and fifty.
Throughout the entire route you can follow a floral path, in fact, once the guided walk is finished, we recommend that you enter the Palace gardens after the visit, enjoying the smells and images of the different plants as you stroll through the winding paths of the Alcázar and continue photographing the palace without stopping.
- Visit Real Alcázar Seville.
- Visit of the Giralda.
- Visit of the Cathedral.
- Tickets to the Alcazar and Cathedral.
- Professional official guide of the monuments.
- Preferential access without queues.
- Visit in Spanish.
- Audio guide of the Alcazar (additional cost).
- Hotel pick up.
- Drinks or meals.
- Moderate cancellation policy.
- The refund of the price of the monuments tickets will not be granted in case of cancellation of the visit.
- Cancellations made 48 hours before the start of the activity will be refunded 100%.
- Cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the start of the activity, 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the start of the activity will not be refunded.
What tips do you need to know before your visit
- It is mandatory to wear a mask at all times. Please bring yours.
- The social distance within the attraction is maintained: a distance of more than 1 meter between visitors.
- Crowds are avoided and the rules of the monuments must be respected.
- Although we reduce waiting times to a minimum and enjoy a preferential queue, on busy days or in high / semi-high season, it is necessary to be patient and follow the organization and safety rules of the Alcázar itself.
- For those who register for the visit as pensioners, students, children or the disabled, it is necessary to prove it with the corresponding documentation. The identity document or passport of each participant to buy the tickets and must be provided before starting the visit and carry it with them during the visit.
Rules & Restrictions
- Late arrivals will not be reimbursed . If the group is complete, the visit will begin waiting for a time acceptable to those who are delayed (about 5 / 7mn).
- The most important areas of the Royal Alcazar Palace are accessible to everyone, including the gardens. There are bathrooms for people with reduced mobility, and there is an elevator (only one) to go up to see the Admiral's Room.
FAQS: Combined Visit MonumentsThe answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Real Alcázar
When to visit the Real Alcazar?
Visits to the REAL ALCÁZAR DE SEVILLA can be made every day of the week, from April to September, from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm, and from October to March, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. The Seville Palace is closed to visitors on January 1 and 6, Good Friday and December 25.
Is the cathedral the largest temple in the world?
The Cathedral of Seville is the largest Gothic cathedral in the world and the third most important after St. Peter's in the Vatican and St. Paul's in London.
The wooden crocodile of the Seville Cathedral
On the ceiling of one of the naves of the Patio de los Naranjos hang four strange objects. The most famous of these is a wooden crocodile. The others are: a walking stick, an elephant tusk and a horse bit.
Which are the emblematic tombs of the Cathedral of Seville?
The tomb of Christopher Columbus was to be placed in the Cathedral of Havana to celebrate the discovery, but when Spain lost Cuba and the Philippines in 1898, and after several controversies, it was decided to move it to Seville.The tomb of Christopher Columbus is not the only tomb in the cathedral, as the Sevillian saints' calendar also houses the remains of King Ferdinand III the Saint or Christopher's own son, the bibliographer Hernando Columbus.
Does the Real Alcázar have a maximum capacity?
Due to its popularity and the fact that it is one of the most visited monuments in the world, the maximum capacity is 750 visitors inside the enclosure. Only those in possession of a ticket will be allowed access, while others will have to queue to buy their tickets according to the ticket office quotas.
Is the monumental visit available all year round?
A visit of great tourist value to learn about the history of the monuments of Seville in a fun and entertaining way. The Monumental Tour is available all year round, except on some holidays such as Christmas, New Year's Day and Three Kings Day.
At what time of the year can I visit the Real Alcazar?
The best time to visit the royal palaces: May and October are the two ideal months to enjoy tourism in Seville. In May, the intense summer heat has not yet arrived and the crowds of travelers are also more bearable.
MEETING POINT MONUMENTAL VISIT SEVILLE
Please, check the voucher you will receive for the details and specific instructions about this activity.
Xavier⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐MONUMENTAL VISIT SEVILLE
I loved walking through the monuments and discovering the tomb of Christopher Columbus. It is essential to spend time getting to know the "entrails" of Seville.
Monica-Laure⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐MONUMENTAL VISIT SEVILLE
The Alcázar of Seville is an impressive building located in the heart of the old town of Seville. I loved the gardens.
Emilia⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐MONUMENTAL VISIT SEVILLE
impressive monuments, all gathered in one place, pleasant visit, very good guide and connoisseur of the history and art of Seville.
José⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐MONUMENTAL VISIT SEVILLE
The Cathedral is a great building. Perfect visit. Luis, the guide, perfect too.
Andy⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐MONUMENTAL VISIT SEVILLE
Imposing!!! The history of Seville. Thanks Adrian for the visit.
Alicia & yvan⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐MONUMENTAL VISIT SEVILLE
It is very impressive and an excellent visit (we were lucky, as the visit lasted almost 4 hours). I definitely recommend the visit.