Guided Tour Seville Palace - Visit Real Alcázar Seville
Visit Real Alcázar of Seville
The Reales Alcázares of Seville, like the Alhambra, the Alcazaba, the Generalife, the Cathedral of Seville or the Torre del Oro form an architectural wealth of Andalusian heritage.
From our illusion of sharing this History, we propose a guided visit to the Royal Alcazar Palace in Seville , one of the most emblematic symbols of the entire city and even Andalusia.
The Real Alcázar is a World Heritage Site since 1987
You will accompany your guide for two hours inside a monument classified as one of the most beautiful wonders in the world and that Abd-ar-Rahman III -the first Caliph of Al-Andalus- ordered to be built where a small Roman fortress was located.
A stroke of luck for history since the Reales Alcázares are now part of the world heritage in an indisputable way.
The Palace is also one of the oldest royal monuments in Europe and a perfect reflection of the history of Seville, it will be a very special memory for you.
During the visit, our guide will share with you his passion for the beauty of the Alcázar. An expert in its history , he will explain everything you need to know about the Royal Palace of Seville.
After the tour, you will know more than anyone about its Baroque side, about the Islamic, Mudejar, Gothic or Renaissance remains.
What you will see in the Seville Alcazar Palace
Your experience at the Real Alcázar
English or Spanish.
Availability and Prices
Check the prices of the visit and the availability of hours and days according to the time of year in our reservation calendar.
More details of your activity
VISIT ROYAL ALCÁZAR SEVILLAYou will visit the Real Alcázar with a specialized guide to get to know the most important monument in Seville. Please note that your entrance to the Real Alcázar of Seville is included in your visit. Skip-the-line tickets and palace tickets included in the guided tour. The Alcázar of Seville will be your best memory of Seville.
Visit the filming location of the Game of Thrones series
The Reales Alcázares of Seville will be your best memory of Seville. Well known in the world for being one of the locations of the television series Game of Thrones, broadcast by the North American channel HBO, El Real Alcázar, it is considered the most brilliant example of Mudejar architecture.
He has also witnessed many films: Star Wars Episode II, The Dictator, Lawrence of Arabia, Carmen or the series The plague, among others.
The strengths of the Royal Palace of Seville
- The Room of Admirals or Room of Admirals: this room was the place of decision for the departure of the great explorations of the New World. It was here, for example, that Magellan's famous voyage was decided.
- The Mudejar Palace or Palace of Pedro I is considered the true treasure of the Real Alcázar of Seville! There are several patios here: like the Patio de las Doncellas. The Hall of Ambassadors is also in this part of the palace.
- The Hall of Ambassadors with its magnificent "dome". The entrances to the living room are absolutely magnificent and take up the codes of Muslim architecture: arch, mosaics, ceramics.
- The Gothic palace with its Great Hall and the Patio del Crucero, which is one of the most photographed places in the Alcázar of Seville and was built in the 12th century, during the Almohad period.
- The Alcazar gardens are also one of the highlights of the visit. They represent a great part of the total surface of the palace. These gardens can be divided into two main parts: the Renaissance part and the modern part. The Alcazar gardens are magnificent and we recommend staying as long as possible after the visit to enjoy them.
The visit to the Royal Palace of the Alcázares is deeply documented and is based on the knowledge of our guides to offer you a first-rate cultural tour. Among other things, we recommend this visit for:
- Because you have to avoid the queues.
- Tickets to the Reales Alcázares included.
- For its wonderful gardens, plants, trees and palm trees.
- For its wonderful sources.
- For his Mudejar art of the palace.
- Discover a Gothic palace whose rooms and chapel are decorated with magnificent tapestries and traditional Triana pottery dating from the 16th century.
IF YOU PREFER A 100% PRIVATE VISIT TO THE ALCÁZAR, CLICK HERE: Private visit to the Reales Alcázares
- Visit Real Alcázar Seville in a small group with a guided tour.
- Tickets to the Alcazar.
- Official professional guide of the monument.
- Preferential access without queues.
- Audio guide of the Alcazar (additional cost).
- Hotel pick up.
- Drinks or meals.
- Moderate cancellation policy.
- A refund of the entrance fee to the Alcázar (15 euros, including administration fees) will not be granted in the event of cancellation of the visit.
- Cancellations made 48 hours before the start of the activity will be refunded 100%.
- Cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the start of the activity, 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the start of the activity will not be refunded.
What tips do you need to know before your visit
- It is mandatory to wear a mask at all times. Please bring yours.
- The social distance within the attraction is maintained: a distance of more than 1 meter between visitors.
- Crowds are avoided and the rules of the monuments must be respected.
- Although we reduce waiting times to a minimum and enjoy a preferential queue, on busy days or in high / semi-high season, it is necessary to be patient and follow the organization and safety rules of the Alcázar itself.
- For those who register for the visit as pensioners, students, children or the disabled, it is necessary to prove it with the corresponding documentation. The identity document or passport of each participant to buy the tickets and must be provided before starting the visit and carry it with them during the visit.
Rules & Restrictions
- Late arrivals will not be reimbursed . If the group is complete, the visit will begin waiting for a time acceptable to those who are delayed (about 5 / 7mn).
- The most important areas of the Royal Alcazar Palace are accessible to everyone, including the gardens. There are bathrooms for people with reduced mobility, and there is an elevator (only one) to go up to see the Admiral's Room.
FAQS: Visit to the Real Alcázar of SevilleThe answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Real Alcázar
When to visit the Real Alcazar?
Visits to the REAL ALCÁZAR DE SEVILLA can be made every day of the week, from April to September, from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm, and from October to March, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. The Seville Palace is closed to visitors on January 1 and 6, Good Friday and December 25.
What are the exact opening hours of the Real Alcazar of Seville?
- Opening hours of the Real Alcázar of Seville are :
- Hours from October to March: Monday to Sunday, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Hours from April to September: Monday to Sunday, from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm.
- Closed on January 1 and 6, Good Friday and December 25.
Where is the Real Alcazar located?
The Real Alcazar is located near the Plaza del Triunfo, the Cathedral of Seville and the popular Barrio de Santa Cruz. The palace is a large palace complex, so it is also known as the Real Alcazar. It is just a stone's throw from Avenida de la Constitución, one of the most important and well-known thoroughfares in the city of Seville. It starts at the square known as Puerta de Jerez and ends at Plaza Nueva.
Where can I buy tickets for the Real Alcazar?
You can buy tickets for the visit to the Real Alcázar directly on the official website of the palace. There is only one page that allows you to buy tickets. You don't have to worry about entrance fees, as they are included in the guided tour.
Does the Real Alcázar have a maximum capacity?
Due to its popularity and the fact that it is one of the most visited monuments in the world, the maximum capacity is 750 visitors inside the enclosure. Only those in possession of a ticket will be allowed access, while others will have to queue to buy their tickets according to the ticket office quotas.
Are there queues at the Real Alcázar?
Yes, we advise you to buy a skip-the-line ticket and to be accompanied by an official guide who will allow you to enter the Reales Alcazares quickly to enjoy a perfect guided tour of the palace.
At what time of the year can I visit the Real Alcazar?
The best time to visit the royal palaces: May and October are the two ideal months to enjoy tourism in Seville. In May, the intense summer heat has not yet arrived and the crowds of travelers are also more bearable.
MEETING POINT VISIT OF THE REAL ALCÁZAR
Please, check the voucher you will receive for the details and specific instructions about this activity.
Excellent tour, amazing guide. Great guide, pleasant visit and very well explained by the guide, a good historian.
A rewarding and enjoyable visit. We can say that Lucia knows the Alcázar very well, is very knowledgeable, explains everything very well and is very entertaining.
The huge complex of buildings is amazing and it was a shame some of the fountains were turned off. However, you cannot visit Seville and not see its gardens.
One of the best attractions to see in Seville, if not the best to see simply to get an idea of the history of Seville
Mauricio Ranga Mardhuka⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ROYAL ALCÁZAR
If you are just going to do a tourist activity, don't miss the Real Alcázar! The wonderful palace and gardens are truly beautiful.
Our guide was very good and passionate and very proud to live in Seville to teach quietly. The Real Alcázar is truly spectacular, just like the Cathedral.