Tangier Morocco Day Trip From seville - Seville to Tangier day trip
With our day trip guided tour of Tangier from seville, you will see the streets of wonderful city Tangier, the architecture of the city and the famous handicraft markets. You can also buy souvenirs in the local markets and stores. You will be able to choose from a wide variety of options, from antiques to handicrafts.
A professional local moroccan guide will give you a tour of the city of Tangier and its surroundings. You will have the opportunity to visit a unique city, full of life and color and explore the lively streets of the city.
In addition to sightseeing, with your guide local, you will have the opportunity to visit the famous Caves of Hercules and see the Strait of Gibraltar.
Whether you are looking for an excursion with private transport and local moroccan that will take you 'into another world,' or a cultural experience, a trip to Tangier is sure to be memorable. And the best thing about this tour from Seville is that it is a perfect way to explore the beauty of Morocco while getting a glimpse of the city's colorful history. The day will be perfect and much enjoyed.
Your one-day package to Tangier in one day(the timetable and order may change depending on the progress of the day)
- 7:00 am Meeting guide at Rastro Street (see map in the meeting points section)
- 7:15 am Arrival of your transfer by bus
- 7:30 - 9:45 am Trip Seville to Tarifa
- 10:00 - 10:15 am Ferry Tarifa - Tangier
- 11:00 am Watch the Promontory of Cape Espartel Entry to the Strait of Gibraltar
- 11:10 am Visit the Caves of Hercules
- 12:00 am Camel riding
- 12:45 am Walking tour Medina of Tangier
- 13:30h Stop for a typical Moroccan lunch
- 14:30h Guided tour Tanger City Center
- 16:15 pm Visit to the Sultan's Palace
- 17:00 pm Tangier souk and free time for leisure
- 18:00 pm On board the ferry Tangier - Tarifa
- 19:00 pm Bus time to Tarifa - Seville
- 23:00 pm (approximately) Return to Seville at the same place
Photos Seville to Tangier Day Trip
Your experience in Tangier
More details of your activity
Seville to Tangier Day Trip - one day Trip to Morocco
IMPORTANT FOR YOUR TRIP TO TANGIER WE NEED:
- Covid Vaccination Certificate with 2 or 3 valid doses (less than 9 months since last vaccination).
- If this is not the case, you must be PCR negative.
- PCR valid for 48 h.
- You must fill in thise health form
- Those over 12 years of age must have their vaccination certificate.
- Full name and passport number of each traveller (you must bring your passport with you on the day of the tour).
About this tour and your booking
Our day trip to Tangier from Seville, you will enjoy the wonderful sights and sounds of Morocco. With private transport from Seville, you will be assisted by one of our veteran local guides, who will take you to the most paradigmatic corners of the Moroccan city. It will guide you through the history of this emblematic city, Tangier, from its deepest roots to its current evolution.
Crossing the Strait of Gibraltar
You will enjoy a day trip to Tangier from Seville, which includes a ferry crossing from Spain to the coast of Morocco. The crossing lasts about 60 minutes and allows you to enjoy the beauty of the Mediterranean Sea or, if you are lucky, to be accompanied at all times by the dolphins that follow the ferry, jumping and playing as usual.
Tangier is a modern and cosmopolitan city. You will have the opportunity to walk through the historic center of Tangier and see the famous Moroccan market, which is said to be as authentic as the food served there.
We will visit certain points of interest such as the aforementioned and successful Caverns of Hercules. We will look out over the Atlantic coast to see how the waters of the Mediterranean Ocean and the Atlantic Sea part, we will make a brief stop to see and if you want to offer a short ride on a camel, the most representative animal of Morocco.
Once we finish the panoramic tour we will arrive to the center of Tangier, we will leave our transport and we will make a magnificent walking tour where we will learn the excellences of this multicultural metropolis where Muslim, Jewish and Christian societies live in harmony, striking also for artists from all over the world.
At the halfway point of our visit we will stop at a typical restaurant to enjoy a Moroccan lunch; we will taste its fabulous cuisine, in which dishes such as Cous Cous or Tahini stand out.
Morocco's mysterious Cave of Hercules in Tangier
This an archaeological cave complex located 14 km west of Tangier. The Cave of Hercules, also known as the "Tomb of Hercules", is a cave located in Tangier (Morocco). It was discovered in 1878 by M. de Raspe, a French engineer who was building the city's port. The cave has been featured on television and in movies such as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The cave is located near a large rock formation that resembles a reclining Hercules with his club resting on his chest. The cave has three levels that are connected to each other through narrow corridors. It is said to be one of the most mysterious places in the world and has been visited by some of the world's most famous people, including Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Charles Dickens, Ernest Hemingway, John Lennon and George Orwell.
Seville to Tangier - The Grand Souk of Tangier
After we have enjoyed this comforting gastronomic stop, we will continue to enjoy our visit, getting to know other places that continuously mix North African and European culture.
Through the souk
The guided tour will show you the best sites of the city and the best stores. Tangier's Grand Souk is an important site. The colorful market is a great place to take pictures or buy spices for year-round Moroccan-style cooking.
Return to Seville from Tangier
After an intense day in this exotic and wonderful city, it will be time to prepare our return to Seville. We will take advantage of our stay in the port of Tangier before leaving to learn more about it. On our way back to Tarifa we will head to Seville and arrive, tired but happy, to the city around night.
MORE TANGIER TOURS:
Availability and Prices
Check our reservation calendar for tour prices and availability of times and days at different times of the year.
- Excursion to Tangier from Seville
- Experienced and professional guide.
- Private transport to Tangier and return to Seville.
- Guided tour of the surroundings and the historical center of Tangier.
- Moroccan and Tangier local guide.
- Visit to the Caves of Hercules.
- Short ride on camel back.
- Ferry tickets Tarifa - Tangier - Tarifa.
- Typical Moroccan lunch.
- Lodging in Tangier.
- Additional beverages other than lunch.
Cancellation policy (read it)
- High cancellation policy.
- The refund of the price of the monuments tickets will not be granted in case of cancellation of the visit.
- Cancellations made 48 hours before the start of the activity will be reimbursed at 50%.
- Cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours prior to the start of the activity will not be refunded.
What tips do you need to know before your visit?
- Have your passport and ID card with you throughout the excursion.
- Very comfortable shoes.
- A T-shirt to change if necessary.
- Bottles of water (better 2/3 small frozen).
Rules & Restrictions
- Late arrivals will not be refunded . If the group is full, the tour will start while waiting for an acceptable time for late arrivals (about 5/7mn).
- Please contact us to inform us of your accessibility needs.
Private Tours Seville to Tangier Day Trip
This tour Seville to tangier can also be 100% private and if you are interested, contact us today.
FAQ: Day Trip to Tangier from SevilleAnswers to frequently asked questions.
What are the famous Caves of Hercules in Tangier?
The Hercules Caves of Tangier are a series of caves in the Sahara Desert, located in northwestern Morocco. They are considered one of the most important paleontological sites in Africa and Europe.
The Caves of Hercules in Tangier were formed by the collapse of a roof that gave rise to a subway river. The river has been dry for about 4 million years, but it was still able to produce stalactites and stalagmites. It is estimated that there are more than 1,300 caves and passageways spread over an area of approximately 1 square kilometer. The caves are considered a natural wonder and a major tourist attraction.
How far is the city of Tangier exactly from Seville?
Tangier is the capital of the Autonomous Region of Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima in Morocco. It is located at a distance of approximately 309 km from the city of Seville, Spain. The city has a population of 1,000,000 inhabitants and is an important port and commercial center in North Africa.
Who was Hercules in mythology ?
Hercules was a Greek hero, son of Zeus and Alcmene. He is known for his great strength, fighting with a club and killing monsters. Hercules was an important figure in the ancient Greek world. His life has been told in many ways, but he is best known as the son of Zeus. His mother died when he was a baby, so he became Zeus' favorite son and grew up to become a strong leader and a hero who fought monsters. Hercules has been depicted many times in works of art, such as on vases from ancient Greece and coins from the Roman Empire. He is also mentioned in literature, as in Homer's Iliad, Virgil's Aeneid, Ovid's Metamorphoses, Dante Alighieri.
What is the history of the Strait of Gibraltar?
The history of the Strait of Gibraltar begins with the Phoenicians and continued throughout the centuries until it was finally taken by Spain. To control the Strait, Spain built fortresses and cities on both sides of the Strait. The most important cities were Gibraltar and Ceuta.
What is a craft market?
A craft market is a market where people can buy and sell goods that are handmade. These goods are usually handmade by the people who sell them in a particular place. In many countries, these markets are called flea markets or bazaars. The term "artisan" refers to someone who manufactures goods by hand or in small batches.
Does Tangier have a port?
Tangier is a city in northern Morocco. The city is located in front of the Mediterranean Sea, and has an important port. The city has been inhabited since 5000 BC and was an important Phoenician trading center. It became an important Roman port in the 3rd century BC, when it was named Tangier in honor of its founder, King Tanguir. The city was occupied by the Vandals in 429 AD and then by the Byzantines from 533 to 693 AD. In 789 it was conquered by the Umayyad caliph Al-Walid I ibn Abd al-Malik, who called it "al-Makhzan al-Tanzir" (the treasure house).
What are some of the most popular attractions in Tangier?
Tangier is a city with many attractions. It is a destination for travelers to enjoy the best of Morocco and Europe. These are some of the popular attractions in Tangier:
- The Medina: The old city, where you will find ancient buildings, mosques and souks.
- The Kasbah: The fortified citadel on the top of the hill that was built by the Merinid dynasty in the 14th century. It has been restored and now houses a museum and public gardens.
- United Nations Plaza: This plaza was built in 1956 as part of a project by the United Nations Secretariat to commemorate its tenth anniversary with an international design competition.
DAY TRIP MEETING POINT - SEVILLE TO TANGIER DAY TRIP
Your starting point is your hotel in the center of Seville or at this address (please let us know what you prefer by email or whatapps once we are in contact).
Numb⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐EXCURSION TO TANGIER FROM SEVILLE
The excursion to Tangier was great.
John⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Seville to Tangier Day Trip
I really felt it was a great experience for everyone involved. They did a good job.
Lili & Marcus⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐EXCURSION TO TANGIER FROM SEVILLE
I just finished the trip to Tangier with my lovely husband, it is really amazing Morocco.
Otis Taylor⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Seville to Tangier Day Trip
We took an excursion to Tangier, and it was amazing! I was very happy with all the care the tour guide took with us.
Moan⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐EXCURSION TO TANGIER FROM SEVILLE
I traveled with my group of friends on an excursion to Tangier and the experience was really special.
Jorge Seu⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Tangier Day Trip From Seville
I went on an adventure exploring Tangier and it was amazing!
Bertrand⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Seville to Tangier Day Trip
I went to Tangier for the first time and it was amazing. I went with my mom, who is in her 60s, and she had a great time too.
Ayyuka⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐EXCURSION TO TANGIER FROM SEVILLE
The tour guide was very friendly and made sure everything was taken care of during the trip. The food was also amazing!